RS Changes

OOC Announcements and information pertaining to our game. We recommend you subscribe to this forum. (And the forum registration answer)
Eddum StPaul
Site Admin
Op Team Role: Founder

RS Changes

Post by Eddum StPaul »

So with Jose departure and the channel coming under a singular directive, I've had a couple of long discussions with op/STers about our next step from here. We've made some decisions on a few important things and a few things are still being rolled around in the creative muck.

But I wanted to make sure those of you that have been hanging in there would get an update so we can start to move forward and get the channel running again full steam ahead.

Here are the changes we have so far:

[Plot] We are moving to spotlight venues.
What does that mean? It means we are only going to focus on a couple of factions at a time to let them shine in plot lines that focus on things that are relative to them rather then attempting to force factions to care about each other. Vampires will not be forced to go out of their way to help shifters out, mages will not have to figure out how to fit themselves in fera battles against things that will snap them in twigs. Etc.
  • Q: But what happens if you only have one character? What if I all I have is a mage character and fera are in the spotlight? It means we will make an exception and make sure that if you want to be involved we can find an opening to make sure that you can be involved.
    A: It does not mean however that if you have a fera you can pick your mage instead. Effort will be made for those that don't have characters in the venues currently spotlighted.
  • Q: So what does this mean for the ahadi?
    A: Every faction will be given a specific responsibility for the ahadi and the caern rather then the expectation for everyone to be forced to focus on the same things together. Factions will be expected to take care of themselves. If your character needs help form another faction. Outside of their own it'll be their job to figure out how to secure it. So the supernatural community in new Orleans has come together to work towards remaining safe and hidden in the modern world they will be allowed the freedom to act within their venue more naturally.

[Characters] This means some of your characters will be considered "active" and earning xp while others will be "non-active". Non-active characters not involved in plot may continue to interact socially.

[Staff] Who is story telling and who is not:
  • Adriane/Kiara is still my number two. Under her Talvienne and Nick/Gabriel.
  • All final decisions when it comes to characters, plot and ic issues fall to Adriane/Kiara when I am not present.
  • Shan/Talyn remains our mechanics tech and web admin.

[Plot Nights] We will have standard nights/times when plot will be run so that there isn't any confusion. Much like a regular tabletop game setting.

[Upcoming Changes] Other things that will be touched on in the days to come: downtimes, mortal faction, earning xp, the forums, and a few others I may have missed.
I'll post more as things get settled. Hopefully we will get things in motion this week or the next.

Thanks to anyone who has stayed around and stuck it out through the slow moments.
Eddum StPaul
Site Admin

Re: RS Changes

Post by Eddum StPaul »

Aaaannnndd I forgot the new Side rooms.

New Plot Rooms:
#RS_Doom
#RS_KillRoom

New Op Room: (Which will also double as our Concept room now when people want to talk character concept is.)
#RS_TeaTime

For Faction things: (if plot rooms are busy)
#RSCaern
#RScaernHeart

For Dice Rolls
#RSDice is set up and ready.

We of course still have #RumbleStreet and #RS_OOC as our main channels.

PLEASE DO NOT LINGER in any channel other then #RumbleStreet and #RS_OOC if you aren't apart of the current plot running in there. If you forget please do not get offended if you get a gentle boot out the door. While some people dont care if there are observers enjoying the read others do so just to keep everyone happy we're going to try to stick to this rule.
Eddum StPaul
Site Admin

Post by Eddum StPaul »

Changes to Boosting and Renown:

SO... Life has a taste for people face and it likes to try to chew on as many as it can. So we are going to simplify how we do boosting.

At the end of whatever plot/event your shifter is involved with, People will message the ST and tell them what they think their character did that was worthy of whatever Renown point you are looking to earn from the spirits. You will need to explain your characters thought/reason behind why they think that and this will essentially be what your Character presents to the spirits. Only instead of writing out an elaborate boost you are conversing with your ST about it.

If we do this directly after the plot or with in a week period of plot end. It will cut out the issues of people not remember what happened, logs getting lost or trying to keep track of who said what for the Staff.

Now Bare In mind three things.

1: if your character is not playing to their character type and attempts to boost about something that will probably get them in trouble instead of get them Renowned you can lose it rather then gain it.

2: If you do not take out the time to message your ST and have a conversation about this in a timely manner you will not get renown for it and STers will not chase you down to ask you to do it.

3: Even if your character things they are worthy of something, doesn't mean it's true!

Hopefully this makes boosting easier and more efficient on everyone.
Eddum StPaul
Site Admin

Post by Eddum StPaul »

An Update to Ronin House Rules. Please Read HERE! Important if you have a Ronin or are thinking about it so please make sure you check out it out.

viewtopic.php?f=50&p=3859&sid=c4c03fe48 ... 014d#p3859
Eddum StPaul
Site Admin

Post by Eddum StPaul »

Downtimes And Character Submissions:

Both of these are changing and turning into Plug and Fill Forms that will be sent directly to my Email. Shan is hard at work trying to whip something up to streamline and make this all easier so send her your love and support. When I have more information and something to show you I shall post it!

For those of you that submitted Downtimes before we rolled into our quiet phase I will probably ask you to resubmit using the new system so we can try it out and see how it works. Look for anything flaws or issues. I know people were working on some stuff and if you are worried or concerned you may lose that reach out to me.
Eddum StPaul
Site Admin

Post by Eddum StPaul »

(Updated: 2-7-2018)

Changes to Downtimes are here!

Through Shannon's Hard work and Kim's willingness to be a Test Bunny we present to you!

Plug and Fill Downtimes Forms!

http://rumble.drynwas.com/index.php/players/downtimes

This Form is found under the Resource section on Rumble Streets Main Website.

We will ask that people Submit downtimes by The 5th of The Month. There will be Two Catagories. One for Social Characters (not currently in Spot Light Venues), One for Active (currently in Spot Light Venues) There will be Xp gained for both categories, but it will be the responsibility of the players to Mark off whether they have played on their downtimes rather then The Team having to keep track of when and where each player/character was in play. (some alterations to the downtimes may be in the works so be patient if it's not yet changed on the form)

Example of Social:

Eddum St Paul: Fae (not currently a Spotlight Venue)

Checked: Yes for Social RP for this month. (this mean's public RP not private in side channels or with your buddy in Query)

Goals: Eating lots of Pie, Gaining influence in the street Gangs, working on Target practice

A Team response would be: To make note of what you are working on (or approve it for XP use), and to set up some private plot time to work on the Influence.

Example of Active:

Kyssa: SPYDUR (Active, Shifters Venue in the spotlight)

Checked: yes for being involved in plot this month

Goals: learning these Gifts, Did these things in the plot, buying this stuff

Response from the Team: approval of the things

*** not everything will always be approved, reasonable reasons need always be behind the gaining of "The things".

It may be that you will gain things during personal or Active plot/RP time with a ST that will get automatically changed on your sheet. That'll be between you and the ST. Renown should be handed out after A Plot night.

Thanks everyone! As always The Admin Team is hard at work chugging forward and we hope Everyone is happy with the changes so far!

If anyone has any questions Or concerns PLEASE reach out to the Team. These changes are due to some very good points being brought up by a player. Feedback (not harassment or demands) are always welcome to make the channel enjoyable for everyone!