The Red Blood Cell and the Plasma Droplet

Anything not related to our game/setting.
Tasha

The Red Blood Cell and the Plasma Droplet

Post by Tasha »

I remember it like it was yesterday. Actually it was yesterday. I was only three days old. Three days after Mamma Marrow released me into the circulatory system. It was fun. I had to learn the ropes from the older red blood cells. You know, the week old guys. We only get ten days before the kidneys flush us out. I had to learn quick, or else the T's would kick us to the Lymphs and smack us around. Those nodes don't kid around.

So anyway, I'm doing my job of moving oxygen from the lungs to the body cells. I take a run through the heart, sliding through the narrow passages and making my deliveries. I gotta be fast and careful not to bump into anyone. Slide past the platelets who seem to be getting stuck against each other. That's bad news, means the supplies of fluids from the stomach are low. Explains why Bladder was slacking off earlier when I was talking to the kidneys. The plasma supply was low, directly related to the low fluids. So many places to go, so few plasma droplets to keep moving smoothly.

As I was making my round I was squeezing through a capillary, and I saw her. She was the most beautiful plasma droplet I'd ever seen. I wiggled through the capillary, the vessel so narrow I almost bent sickle cell to get us through together. She tried to hide her affection but I could see right through her. Plasma droplets are easy like that. We stayed together through many laps of the circulatory system. I was young! I had a week to live still and I intended to spend it with her!

Something went wrong though, horribly wrong. Suddenly Drop and I were pulled into another vessel. A long, smooth vein, so different from the ones we knew. We didn't dare get close to the walls of the vessel since it seems like a chill from the outside. We were deposited into a strange soft thing. It spun, making us dizzy. Again, I belt almost sickle cell to hold onto drop. I tried to hold on but she was pulled from me and into another strange vein. I was dropped into another vessel the size of a heart. I could hear my brothers and sisters, all born from Mamma Marrow, crying out in fear and confusion. Well, those that weren't dizzy at least.

A few moments later I was back in those false veins and returned then to the veins I called home. But something was wrong, Drop was nowhere to be seen. I searched the entire circulatory system, in my fear I even visited the large intestine, and Big Brown hadn't seen her all day. I moped, sluggishly accepting that she was gone. A day later, now a four day old red blood cell, I rested in the spongy mass with others of my kind. Several hours passed and the spongy mass I was resting on fell away. I felt myself pushed out. It was a rather nice feeling, made me think of good old Heart, always moving things along. But then I felt a chill as I was dropped into pure water. It was freezing and I tried to hold only my brethren who were separated by the force of the drop, screaming and slowly by the dozens, going silent in the miasma. Good-bye Drop, my beloved!
Kedglo

Re: The Red Blood Cell and the Plasma Droplet

Post by Kedglo »

wut
Tasha

Re: The Red Blood Cell and the Plasma Droplet

Post by Tasha »

Kedglo wrote:wut
Blame Trey's player, he wanted to read it