Changes June 2017

OOC Announcements and information pertaining to our game. We recommend you subscribe to this forum. (And the forum registration answer)
Shan
Site Admin
Op Team Role: Website and Forum Admin

Changes June 2017

Post by Shan »

Happy Summer folks. Your friendly neighbourhood site admin has been tinkering away again. Let's see what's new this time.
  1. Auto Drafts
    How many times have you been writing a post, click submit, and have the server not load and you lose EVERYTHING! Yeah. Happened to me more times than I'd like to admit. Usually for the next month I type everything in google docs to avoid that happening, but inevitably I go back to hold habits. Well, this shouldn't happen ever again. I've enabled Autodrafts on the forums. \o/
    • Posts will be automatically saved by default, every 20 seconds.
    • Drafts will automatically be deleted by default, after 30 days.
    • You can force a quick save manually by clicking the button below the text box.
    • So you know it's working, you will get a message below the buttons that notifies you when an auto draft or quick draft is saved.
    • The last auto draft will be automatically loaded when you reopen the topic.
    • You can save manually save multiple copies of the draft. By clicking "Load Quick Draft" you have the option to select from all copies you have manually saved. You can also delete single or all copies from here as well.
    • Settings can be adjusted in your User Control Panel under "Board Preferences". Simply select "Auto Drafts" from the left menu once there.
    • All data is saved on your local machine (according to the description). Be careful of deleting cookies if you have a draft saved. However this means if the server goes down, your draft SHOULD remain.
  2. Mentions
    Now when you type @username options will come up. Just select the name when it hovers next to your typing and it will replace it with the tag [.mention]Jose[./mention] (without the period). Alternately, you can type the tags around a username manually. As long as you type their forum name correctly (not character names, or usual irc nicks) they will get a notification that they were mentioned in a post. Use responsibly, or I will disable this feature.