What we are and how to find us - Also how to register on the forums!

OOC Announcements and information pertaining to our game. We recommend you subscribe to this forum. (And the forum registration answer)
Jose
Op Team Role: Founder

What we are and how to find us - Also how to register on the forums!

Post by Jose »

Rumble Street is an IRC based Roleplaying community. This game is effectively an old World of Darkness multi-venue story, with similarities to the Supernatural groups in the Harry Dresden book series. This means you will find Vampires, Mages, Werewolves the Fae folk and other weirdness. You can find more setting information in the appropriate forum category and of course you can always ask online via IRC or on the forums here.

We predominantly use the 20th anniversary gaming supplements for the World of Darkness though since all systems in the CWoD universe are not yet converted to 20th anniversary supplements we can work with you if you choose to play something not yet converted. We're a pretty laid back and friendly group and are always interested in more players who fit in with our growing community.

You can find us on IRC using the Darkmyst server and then join our out of character room to discuss concepts, character ideas and or just engage in general conversation with our friendly and often quite helpful community.

You will find the IRC room at #RS_OOC
You can also speak specifically about character ideas and concepts at #RS_Concept

In short
IRC Server: Darkmyst
IRC OOC Chat room: #RS_OOC
IRC Ideas and Concepts room: #RS_Concept

You can access the web server client by visiting http://darkmyst.org/ and then towards the top of the page clicking on Chat Now.

If you'd prefer to download an IRC client you can find several with a google search, some examples are Mibbit, MIRC and Colloquy for Mac Users. There are others but these are just a few options to look into.

You can speak to any Op in the ooc room if you have specific questions which you may not wish to ask in the general OOC room.
 ! Message from: the Staff
The Channel founders are Jose and Thea (you will need to know this to successfully register on the forums.)
And of course once you are registered you can feel free to ask questions here as well and we'll answer as quickly as possible.
Shan
Site Admin
Op Team Role: Website and Forum Admin

Re: What we are and how to find us!

Post by Shan »

For those who use a web client or mobile app (android or iOS) I have found one that has a built in cut script! Actually I can't take full credit. Someone on #RPG-Hub suggested it.

irccloud.com

Downside:
  • You need to sign up an account with them.
  • Doesn't support colour codes.
Upside:
  • You don't connect directly to the irc server. You connect to irc Cloud, who connects to irc for you. What this means is, if your connection is unstable, irc Cloud maintains the connection for you. No more ping timeouts and rejoins. If you lose connection in a tunnel, your irc program misses nothing. You can stay inactive for 2 hours before they will disconnect you on the free plan. Or for $5 a month you can stay connected indefinately. I find 2 hours plenty.
  • Preserves channel and pm history. I believe this is unlimited unti you choose to delete conversations. Also has export function.
  • Connect from iOS, Android, or web browser. You can connect from your phone while you're out shopping, and then come home and load it on your web browser. Your connection will be there with all logs as though you never left.
  • Image and file hosting (drag and drop to share) up to 100MB (or unlimited if you choose to pay $5 a month)
The built in cut script alone makes this the obvious choice for me. Everything else is just a bonus.