But I wanted to make sure those of you that have been hanging in there would get an update so we can start to move forward and get the channel running again full steam ahead.
Here are the changes we have so far:
[Plot] We are moving to spotlight venues.
What does that mean? It means we are only going to focus on a couple of factions at a time to let them shine in plot lines that focus on things that are relative to them rather then attempting to force factions to care about each other. Vampires will not be forced to go out of their way to help shifters out, mages will not have to figure out how to fit themselves in fera battles against things that will snap them in twigs. Etc.
- Q: But what happens if you only have one character? What if I all I have is a mage character and fera are in the spotlight? It means we will make an exception and make sure that if you want to be involved we can find an opening to make sure that you can be involved.
A: It does not mean however that if you have a fera you can pick your mage instead. Effort will be made for those that don't have characters in the venues currently spotlighted.
- Q: So what does this mean for the ahadi?
A: Every faction will be given a specific responsibility for the ahadi and the caern rather then the expectation for everyone to be forced to focus on the same things together. Factions will be expected to take care of themselves. If your character needs help form another faction. Outside of their own it'll be their job to figure out how to secure it. So the supernatural community in new Orleans has come together to work towards remaining safe and hidden in the modern world they will be allowed the freedom to act within their venue more naturally.
[Characters] This means some of your characters will be considered "active" and earning xp while others will be "non-active". Non-active characters not involved in plot may continue to interact socially.
[Staff] Who is story telling and who is not:
- Adriane/Kiara is still my number two. Under her Talvienne and Nick/Gabriel.
- All final decisions when it comes to characters, plot and ic issues fall to Adriane/Kiara when I am not present.
- Shan/Talyn remains our mechanics tech and web admin.
[Plot Nights] We will have standard nights/times when plot will be run so that there isn't any confusion. Much like a regular tabletop game setting.
[Upcoming Changes] Other things that will be touched on in the days to come: downtimes, mortal faction, earning xp, the forums, and a few others I may have missed.
I'll post more as things get settled. Hopefully we will get things in motion this week or the next.
Thanks to anyone who has stayed around and stuck it out through the slow moments.